Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fill my Ears so my Eyes know what to see...

So Janis and I were driving back to the city after rehearsal today and were chatting about preshow music. Now, while this selection is mostly up to Katy Hudak and Toby Foster, the lovely sound co-chairs, I would like to know what songs make you guys think of the show.

They don't have to directly relate in anyway. Sometimes just overall tone helps.

For instance, here are some of mine:

When September Ends: Green Day
Wig in a Box: Hedwig and the Angry Inch--Polyphonic Spree
Life For Rent: Dido
Singing in the Rain: Showtune (aw yeah)
Fix you: Coldplay
Paper Bag: Fiona Apple
Tower of Learning: Rufus Wainwright
Girls: Beastie Boys

They are all very different from eachother and not all of them have a place in the preshow, but I'm curious what this show makes you all think of. Music has become such a strong tool for communicating emotions between people (can our iPods date?), as is evident in the course of Rain itself, and I would love to hear what you "hear."

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm... We're Still Fighting It-Ben Folds. Also, I think it might be slightly incredibly awesome if the Pirates of the Carribbean... Caribean? Carribean? Anyway, I think it's be awesome if that was playing under the duel scene. That would just be....awesome...

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and perhaps Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most- Rickie Lee Jones

2:02 PM  
Blogger Ty said...

I will make a mix and give it to you (Laura) or Janice on Thursday.

And I agree with Danny on the Pirates thing.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All We Have Is Now- one of the most Incredible songs I've ever heard. Seriously, everyone should hear this song. Flaming Lips.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a bit late now, but I think that the Violent Femmes really capture the spirit of being a teenager and being in high school. Preshow perhaps? Great band. Great great band...

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home